Diabetes and Carb Counting For Dummies
Count your carbs — and count on managing your diabetes
Living with diabetes doesn't have to mean giving up all of your favorite foods. Carbs from healthy foods boost nutrition and supply essential fuel for your brain and body. Counting carbs is integral to managing diabetes because your carb choices, portion sizes, and meal timing directly impact blood glucose levels. Diabetes & Carb Counting For Dummies provides essential information on how to strike a balance between carb intake, exercise, and diabetes medications while making healthy food choices. — Covering the latest information on why carb counting is important for Type 1 diabetes, Type 2 diabetes, and gestational diabetes, this book provides the tools you need to best manage your diet and your diabetes.
- Discover how what you eat affects diabetes
- Explore the importance of carbs in nutrition and health
- Get the facts when it comes to fiber, fats, sweeteners, and alcohol.
- Decipher food labels and discover how to count carbs in bulk, fresh, and restaurant foods
- Manage your diabetes and reduce other diet-related health risks
- Improve blood glucose levels
- Sample meal plans in controlled carb count ranges
- Food composition lists for counting carbs and identifying best bet proteins and fats